Frequently asked questions
Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante.
The Australian Peacekeeper and Peacemaker Veterans’ Association (APPVA) is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare and human rights of all people that are, in some way, connected with the APPVA or its work, particularly people that may be at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
The care, safety and welfare of children and adults at risk is a collective responsibility, embedded in robust policies and practices of the APPVA which reflect its zero tolerance to abuse.
The APPVA will:
- strive to be open and inclusive where all members including children, adults at risk, families, volunteers, workers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the culturally and/or linguistically diverse and those with a disability or additional needs, are welcome and participate fully,
- be a charity where children and adults at risk are fully engaged and have every opportunity to be heard, flourish and grow,
- ensure that every person engaged and working in the APPVA actively promotes the inherent dignity of all people by upholding their fundamental right to be included, respected and nurtured in a safe environment,
- maintain high ethical standards in all decisions, actions and activities, and
- abide Commonwealth and state/territory statutory legislation pertaining to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk.
Creating a safe environment is a dynamic process that involves active participation and responsibility by all within the APPVA and everyone that interacts with it. The APPVA is committed to making this possible through collaboration, vigilance and proactive approaches across legislation, policies, procedures and practices.
perfect solution for your company
Services that Lead the Way
to Better Business
Tune in Monday nights.
Join our free 40-minute webinars, full of info we’ve learned that people who run clubs need to know. 15 different topics on key areas of club administration. You can log into one most weeks of the year.
Webinar recordings are now also available in the Resources Hub to watch on demand.
"The webinars are great, they've become our regular Monday night viewing"
-- Michael, Chemside Bowls Club